Wide-Awake Princess

Saturday, March 28, 2015

     Hey everyone! Welcome to a new Monday (or Sunday, depending on when you're reading this...). Time for MMGM!

     I've been reading a lot of books lately (well, more than usual...of course) and I stumbled across a great book in the library. It's called the "Wide-Awake Princess" by E.D Baker. E.D Baker is a really inspiring author and really seems to enjoy writing fairytales. If you like fairytales...keep reading!  :-) 





     The Wide Awake princess is about your less-than-royal princess, Annie, and her somehow-more-than-gorgeous sister, Gwendolyn, who just happens to be Sleeping Beauty. Despite her family's precautions and banishing of spinning wheels, Gwennie accidentally pricks her finger on a spinning wheel that she gets as a gift on her sixteenth birthday. After that, everyone--and when I say everyone...I mean EVERYONE-- in the castle falls asleep. Well, other than Annie, whose christening gift was that no magic could touch her (...which explains why her sister is SOOO much prettier than she is, not to be judgmental or anything...) Annie then finds a way to escape the castle and embarks on a journey to find her Gwennie's true love to kiss her and wake the whole kingdom up again. 

     This story is just like Gwendolyn. It's somehow-more-than-fabulous and the way E.D Baker writes is just ARGH! I love it too much and don't know how to describe it. If you like fairytales...this is YOUR book. Well, actually, if you like fairytales or not, I suggest you read it anyway. Really good book here, people. 

     FYI, this book is in a series which also includes "Unlocking the Spell", "The Bravest Princess", and "A Princess in Disguise". 

     I'm not sure if the last book has come out yet, but I'm ordering it so... Um, if you guys want to hear more about this series, I *might* do another book review or two on this fab stuff. Let me know what you guys think and, well, yeah that's it. 

#IHaveToFinishReadingThisSeriesBeforeGoingToBed

-Cindy

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to MMGM. My granddaughter loves princess books, so I will look for this one. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely look for it! You won't be disappointed! Thanks for welcoming me! (SO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!) :-)

      ~Cindy

      Delete
  2. I totally loved the Frog Princess, so I'm game for this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! I loved the twist on Sleeping Beauty. Welcome to MMGM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I love how E.D.Baker combines the classics into a modern twist! Thanks for the feedback! :-)

      ~Cindy

      Delete
  4. Fractured Fairytales are a lot of fun, and if you loved this one "too much" it must be a great one! welcome to MMGM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (BTW, I love your blog! I may need so pointers...)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for welcoming me to the group! It makes me feel *so* special that you guys took the time to read my stuff. E.D Baker *IS* the best author ever (well other than Shannon Messenger and Jennifer Donnelly...). I love the way she writes her own stories and adds actual fairytales to it. THAT'S what you call "EPIC". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a second...am I replying to myself now? Boredom has made me a helpless case... :-)

      ~Cindy

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS