The Time of the Fireflies (MMGM)

Sunday, April 12, 2015

     Hey, everyone! Welcome to a brand new Monday! It's MMGM time! Today, I'll be doing a review on "The Time of the Fireflies" by Kimberly Griffiths Little. I *love* this book and you'd be surprised about how I got it. Book fair. I know it's weird, but I almost always get my books from the library. When I read a book that I *really, really* like--I know it seems like every book but still--I'll beg my mom to get me it. And that's usually when we go online and do all that jazz. But hey, enough about me. Let's hear more about the book. 


     A *little* back up info: 

-Larissa (the main character) lives in an antique shop

-When she was younger, a bully pushed her into the river and she almost died

-Now she has a scar right across her face (I feel so bad for her)

     When Larissa Renaud starts receiving eerie phone calls on a disconnected old phone in her family’s antique shop, she knows she’s in for a strange summer. A series of clues leads her to the muddy river banks, where clouds of fireflies dance among the cypress knees and cattails each evening at twilight. The fireflies are beautiful and mysterious, and they take her on a magical journey through time, where Larissa learns secrets about her family’s tragic past — deadly, curse-ridden secrets that could harm the future of her family as she knows it. It soon becomes clear that it is up to Larissa to prevent history from repeating itself and a fatal tragedy from striking the people she loves. (FYI, that wasn't my summary, it was from the back of the book. I can't seem to summary all that goodness in one post. *hangs head in shame*)


     Argh--just reading the title is giving me the creeps. According to my friends, I'm basically freakishly scared of everything--but in my defense, I already read the book and I know what happens so I get to give you a warning. If you plan on reading this book...sit yourself down and prepare yourself because there's no way that you're going to stop reading this thing. Trust me--I don't lie. 
     Kimberly Griffiths Little will just weave her way into your heart and through her book--sealing just the right amount of horror, drama, and comedy into the perfect book. If you want to find out more about Kimberly Griffiths Little or "The Time of the Fireflies" you can check out her website  HERE
     Right before ending this post, I just wanted to thank everyone who gave my blog a chance. And for a look in the future, I'll be doing a review on "Blackbird Fly" by Erin Entrada Kelly next week. Come back next Monday for more reviews!  Bye! 
~Cindy Tran
     To return to Shannon Messenger's MMGM list or go back to her blog, click HERE



14 comments:

  1. Anything with fireflies ... it looks like an intriguing book. Who knew fireflies were time-travelers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for the feedback! And yes, it IS an interesting book. Kimberly Griffiths Little is a pretty awesome writer. She's a miracle worker--kind of like Shannon Messenger. They can make ANYTHING work. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on this one. Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good feedback! Glad to hear that you enjoyed my review! :-)

      Delete
  3. This sounds intriguing! I wouldn't expect from the cover that this would be time travel. It sounds like it has lots of twists and turns. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, this story really IS interesting. From the cover, you'd probably think that the story is more about a little fairy tale...but it isn't. I'm glad you liked my review! Tune back Monday for another aweso review! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the title and the cover. Thanks for the review. It sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure IS a nice cover, although you'll probably think the inside is WAY better than the cover after you read it. Thanks for the feedback! :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh! I forgot add this. If you look closely at the cover (the picture isn't that good. You might have to look it up online) you can see that the girl has a scar right across her face. Clearly the cover artist pays very good attention to detail. :-)

      Delete
  5. This is very high on my TBR list. I really hope I can get to it soon. Glad to see the word being spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yay! You're planning to read this book! Let me tell you this--you won't be able to put it down. If you liked this book, tune back Monday for a review of "Blackbird Fly"! I'm sure you'll like it too! Glad you liked my review! :-)

      Delete
  6. :-) WOW. Has anyone noticed how my blog somehow became...popular??? Is it just me? Or do you guys notice it too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, I found your post about my book, THE TIME OF THE FIREFLIES through Shannon's site. (She and I are long-time writer friends. :-))

    I am SO thrilled about your lovely review - thank you so much!

    I hope you get a chance to read my other Bayou Bridge books. They're about 4 different girls and Miz Mirage, the traiteur, but completely different stories with mystery and danger and ghosts! :-)

    THE HEALING SPELL
    CIRCLE OF SECRETS
    WHEN THE BUTTERFLIES CAME

    And I created some awesome on-location book trailers for all my books, too. Enjoy and thanks again!

    Kimberley
    www.kimberleygriffithslittle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *faints* Thanks so much for the kind words and recommendations! I'll definitely check them out! :-)

      ~Cindy

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS