Chewy Noh and the Phantasm of Winter (MMGM)

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hiiii! I'm back! (Missed y'all very much, don't worry) I've been so busy this week with school, juggling with homework, review requests (Don't act surprised, haha), etc. Seventh grade at BLS is CRAZY!!! It feels so good to be back to blogging, trust me. I don't have to use the specified font, format, use fancy language...blogging is awesome. (I might not be able to blog as often as usual, for those of you who were wondering. But during the summer I will make up for that, I promise.) Anyway, this week I'm featuring one of the very few books I've gotten the chance to read: Chewy Noh and the Phantasm of Winter! Check out the amazing artwork for the cover...





The cover already gives me the chills. Haha, get it? Because it's snowy on the cover? Get it? Okay, we'll pretend. Here's some info about the book: 

  • Age Recommended: Perhaps 8 and up? I feel like some of the content is really creepy. I don't mean it in a negative way or anything. It's just creepy. Like it will give you the heebie jeebies or whatever they're called. 

  • Paperback: 312 pages

  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 26, 2014)

"Chewy Noh has many problems. Besides his mom becoming a mu-dang—a Korean fortune-teller possessed by his dead grandmother who can read minds—the school bully, Kent, is still on the warpath to get Chewy kicked out of school. With his secret ability to win at everything, none of this bothers him until he starts disappearing for no reason while a mysterious force attacks his fellow students, and he must scramble to figure out what’s going on before he becomes its next and final victim."

My Call On "Chewy Noh and the Phantasm of Winter": 

1. Plot. Absolutely, positively, wonderful! The writing is so well woven and the plot fits perfectly into the story and the story is just so so so so so so WONDERFUL! (Just as good as rainbows and unicorns. Ahhhhh...)

2. Structure. Like I said in the first call, it was very well woven. The book is, obviously, fiction, but it's just so amazingly well written! I'm not gonna lie. I loved it! 

3. Characters. I love how all of the character's have a weakness in this story. It shows that they are far from perfect and I think that makes us more relatable to them. For example, Clint, Chewy's best friend, has leg braces. I've never seen something so realistic in a fictional book. This is awesome! And not to mention, Chewy, the main character has the ability to win at everything. It's cool. Just not cool for long. His teacher is about to get him expelled because he aces whatever test he takes and she thinks he's cheating. These characters have serious problems. This is awesome! 

My Rating...




This book is GOLDEN! I love it I love it I love it I love it! 

___________________________

About the Author: Tim Learn! 

I have always loved books. While younger, I read voraciously the classics and experimental forms of narrative. But, more recently I've backtracked and started enjoying authors like Gaimen, Sachar, and Dicamillo. My writing tend to tackle issues of spirituality, paradigms, and the way we think. My love for reading and writing has only expanded by becoming an English teacher in Korea.

A HUGE thanks to everyone who has supported me throughout my entire time in MMGM always commented positive things to help me feel like I actually had an audience. Thank you and I'll see you next week for MMGM! ]

~Cindy

Links: 

If you would like to go back to Shannon Messenger's blog or check out more MMGM's click HERE

If you would like to learn more about Chewy Noh and his adventures or to tell Tim Learn how amazing he is, click HERE






6 comments:

  1. Awesome work! Thanks for the kind words. I love your enthusiasm in all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun read. I'll keep it in mind when my stack of books to read gets a bit smaller. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to start over due to a typo. Oops (why doesn't blogger let us edit comments?). Of course you have an audience, Cindy! Keep blogging whenever you can, but we understand that school comes first.

    Your enthusiasm for books is catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they are called heebie jeebies. Nice word choice. If you had been my student, you would have earned bonus points for writing a blog. I am so impressed that you are doing this. Thanks for this review. I have a granddaughter who loves to get the heebie jeebies. I will have to get this one for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You literally just made my day. Thanks so much! (Maybe I should consider moving to California)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS