Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (MMGM)

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hi, everyone! I'm back this week with a review of "Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library" by Chris Grabenstein. The cover detail is really stunning. Take a peek of it yourself: 




_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's some info...


Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Page count: 336 pages
Publisher: Yearling; Reprint edition (June 24, 2014)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the summary...

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets A Night in the Museum in this action-packed New York Times Bestseller from Chris Grabenstein, coauthor of I Funny, Treasure Hunters and other bestselling series with James Patterson!

Kyle Keeley is the class clown and a huge fan of all games—board games, word games, and particularly video games. His hero, Luigi Lemoncello, the most notorious and creative gamemaker in the world, just so happens to be the genius behind the construction of the new town library. Lucky Kyle wins a coveted spot as one of twelve kids invited for an overnight sleepover in the library, hosted by Mr. Lemoncello and riddled with lots and lots of games. But when morning comes, the doors stay locked. Kyle and the other kids must solve every clue and figure out every secret puzzle to find the hidden escape route!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts:

Wow...just wow. I'm so impressed with Chris Grabenstein's writing. The way he puts together the story is amazing. I was hooked from the first page! The humor is expertly shown, and it's obvious that Mr. Grabenstein has a good sense of humor. I loved the clues that were thrown at us, even at the beginning of the book (I was even frantically trying to solve the problem too) and how they led up to the solution. The plot twists were extremely scary (Ohmigosh, don't even get me started...) but I was more than satisfied with the ending. (In fact, when I finished the book, I just went back to the first page and reread it!)

I think my favorite part of this book was its message. There's a powerful message in this book, even if it doesn't seem to be there, because you know, this book IS about a game and stuff. I'm not going to tell you what it is...because then I'd be revealing the solution! (And this is a #spoilerfree zone) :-)


Pros: 
Extremely funny (!!!) 
Very well thought out
Not too long, not too short
Great message
Lots of clues and plot twists to keep you guessing
Satisfying ending
Good character development 

Cons: 
Nothing, from what I've seen! 
_________________________________________________________________________________

My rating...




Yes, you're seeing that right! I'm giving this book 5 STARS!!! (Because it was fabulous and amazing and awesome and...) 

I highly recommend this book for anyone, doesn't matter how old you are or what you usually read, this is a MUST. Like you MUST read this book. MUST!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for joining for on this rather short MMGM! Hopefully I'll be able to read and review for next week! Bye for now! :-)

~Cindy 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Links: 

To learn about Chris Grabenstein or get more info about "Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library", click HERE

To go to Shannon Messenger's website or head back to check out more MMGM's click HERE.  


12 comments:

  1. Nice review, Cindy. You've rekindled my interest in this one. It has almost reached the top of my tbr list. Hopefully I'll get to it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great one. I've also enjoyed some of his collaborations with James Patterson. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that those are great too! Better get cracking on them, I suppose. :-)

      Delete
  3. Fun review! I'm amazed I haven't read this one yet. Adding it right now to the ever-growing TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Let me know what you think when you get the chance to read it!

      Delete
  4. Yes, indeed, this was a fun read. I want to work in a library like that one! Keep up the good work, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks so much for the feedback and following my blog! :-) <3

      Delete
  5. Excellent review! It sounds like a really good book with a fascinating plot. Will add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Trust me, you won't regret it! :-)

      Delete
  6. Terrific review, Cindy. This book has been on my radar for awhile. I will move it up my TBR list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! This is a must read! <3

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS