If You Like This, You'll Like That! // Recommendation Tag

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hey guys! *waves* Okay, first things first, I swear my blog isn't dead! I've just been really, really, really, busy--finals coming up, HOMEWORK, projects in almost every class... Okay, so *maybe* I'm still on social media, but you get the point. Hehe. (Did I mention that I'm also sleep deprived? I'm sleep deprived.)

If you're wondering, yes, I'm still reading, in fact, I'm currently reading Illuminae. It's a great book, but for some reason it's taking me a REALLY long time to finish. Dunno why. :-( I'm not only behind on my reading, but I'm also behind on my reviews, like I have, what, 6 books I've read and have not reviewed yet? For me, it's panic everywhere, not just at the disco. I haven't even posted in the month of May, for crying out loud. So, um, happy May? BUT! I'm here now, so better late than never, right? 

OKAY. (Jeez, sorry about that ramble, haha. I haven't been able to get anything out for a while.) Today I am here with a TAG! I was tagged by the wonderful Sue Kooky (If you haven't checked out her blog, you really should, it's awesome) a long time ago...*cringe* but I was in that whole reading/blogging slump thing, so um, I never got to it. But here it is! 





Wait I have to nominate people first, right? *crickets* Okay, here we go. 

Analee at Book Snacks
(Her blog is amazing!) 

and 

Paige at The Paige Turner 
(I know you haven't posted in a while, but a change in your blog look must mean that you are still alive...right?

NOW we can get to the tag. (Finally!) 

If you liked...                                                       Then you'll enjoy...




(Um, hello, they both have fish on the cover. Haha, just kidding.) They're both about two young, diverse girls who learn to overcome their problems in different ways. Out Of My Mind is about a girl named Melody Brooks who has cerebral palsy. It causes her to not be able to control her body movements, walk, or talk. Her story is all about her getting more comfortable about who she is and becoming stronger because of her challenges. It's a great book. Fish In A Tree is a book about a girl named Ally who has dyslexia. In the beginning, she doesn't know it, and she feels un-smart for not being able to read as well as the other students. She's afraid to ask for help, even when she needs, it but discovers that there's nothing to be ashamed of. 

If you liked...                                                                           Then you'll absolutely *LOVE* 
                         

























These books have two AMAZING protagonists and a bunch of awesome side characters. If you want what I call "the feels" (basically a wave of emotions crashing around in your head) then these books are for you. Everything, Everything is about Madeline (AKA Maddy), a girl who's stuck at home all the time. Why? Because she's allergic to the world. She's fine with it, really. But then the boy next door appears and that's when the tables turn. Not If I See You First is Parker's story. Parker is blind. She's also fierce, loving, a maybe a little selfish. The characters in these two books are *so* wonderful, and you just can't help falling in love with them, and their story. <3 

If you liked...                                                                   Then you'll like...
























If you want a story that stays with you long after the last page, these two books ought to do the trick. Every Soul A Star a beautifully written novel in written in 3 perspectives. The characters are so unique. They really have depth and are described really well. I can't say much about the book without giving spoilers so that's that.  (I promise it's a really good book!) Lost In The Sun is about a boy named Trent who has a rather...scarring past. Yeah. Scarring. Throughout the book, he learns to let go and move on, since you can't dwell on things forever. I honestly really don't know why I paired these two books together, but JUST GO WITH IT. 

Okay, last one: 

If you enjoyed:                                                                Then you'll *LOVE* (and vice versa)

























Ta da! You guys KNEW I had to sneak in Keeper. Hehe. Okay, this is probably the most unique pairing of this entire list, so hear me. Out. These two books have what I call the *IT* factor. It has just what grabs your attention and it keeps you interested. It makes you actually care about the characters. While you guys probably already know all about Keeper, You're Invited is about these four girls who start a party planning business. Interesting, right? That's the *IT* factor. Another thing these two books have in common is...SQUAD GOALS!!! They both have awesome characters who really care about one another. Kay, that's all I got. 


__________________________________

Thanks so much for tuning in, even after I've been gone. *cringe* Sorry! I promise I'll whip up a YA review for y'all sometime soon! MG is coming up, probably after all the YA stuff, but I've already gotten the books! I just have to read them first. Hope you guys have a nice week! Thanks again! 

Signing off! 




24 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I LOVED Everything Everything so now I know to read Not If I See You First. Thanks! Also loved Every Soul a Star and coincidentally just acquired a paperback of Lost in the Sun, so it's cool to know I'll enjoy it.

    Cindy, I'm amazed that you're blogging at all when you have homework and projects and finals coming up. I can't function properly without sleep. Get some sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Everything, Everything! Not If I See You First is a must, so I hope you like it too! And thank you so much! I try my best, haha. Also: You can totally consider yourself tagged by me, I wasn't sure if you wanted to do it! Thanks again! <3

      Delete
  2. Yay! Thanks so much for calling me wonderful! :) I was having a bad day and that just made it better! I think all the matches were perfect. And I totally get the *IT* factor, I'm glad to hear that You're invited has it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with the *IT* factor! :-p I'm sorry you were having a bad day, but I'm glad to have made it better! :-) Thanks for the comment! <3

      Delete
  3. Good description of all the details related to topics which is given thanks for giving this to us.
    Bihar PSC CC Pre Admit Card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really you have provided amazing information. Thanks for such kind of best details.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here you can get all the details of ISC 12th Result 2017. The CISCE Board will declare the CISCE 12th Result 2017 in the month of May 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ISC 12th Result 2017 will be available soon on the official website, ISC 12th Result 2017 will be declare on the 2nd Week of April.


    ReplyDelete
  7. ISC 12th Result 2017 will be available soon on the official website, ISC 12th Result 2017 will be declare on the 2nd Week of April

    ReplyDelete
  8. ISC 12th Result 2017 will be available soon on the official website, ISC 12th Result 2017 will be declare on the 2nd Week of April

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice information regarding the ISC 12th Result 2017 available here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CISCE board is planning to announce the ISC 12th Result 2017 soon on the main webportal,Candidates can check thier ICSE 10th Result 2017 in the 1st Week of May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check ISC 12th Result 2017 soon on the official web portal,ICSCE Board will issue ICSE 10th Result 2017 in the 1st Week of May.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations is going to declare ISC 12th Result 2017, Evaluation is process is completed. Candidates who are looking for the Result they can check their result on the official website, after the official declaration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Students who are in Gujarat 10th and 12th Class and curious to know for Latest News, then you can visit the official website. As per the latest notifciation the Gujarat Board of Secondary Education has stated that GSEB 12th Result 2018 aand Gujarat SSC Result 2018 will be available in March Month 2018. Visit official Website regularly for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Into the month of May there will be available HP Board 12th Result 2018 for the current session Annual March Examination.Till the Official declaration students are able to collect most of the interesting facts with here about HP Board 12th Result 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As per the latest information that we have received , the ICSE Class 10th results are expected to be released on May 2018.This is just an expected date that we have taken from the officials. We will update the exact date and time of Results, ICSE 10th Result 2018 from the official website after the completion of examination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ICSE 10th Result 2018 Generally there has organized the ICSE Board Annual Examination into the month of Feb to March, ICSE 10th Class Results 2018 On 15th May.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS